Thursday 1 November 2012

caftan maxi dress...

A few months ago I stumbled across this blog that had a caftan dress tutorial and over Labour weekend I made my very own kaftan maxi dress.

This is the simplest maxi dress to make ever and perfect for those summer night bbq's at a friends house.  You can gather it in around the waist when making it, I never did as I'll wear a belt with it always.  This would also look awesome in a fun patterned knit, and you can make it at any length you like.

The best thing about maxi dresses are you don't need a tan on your legs...perfect! and they are elegant and feminine. 


With my caftan maxi I am wearing my newly purchased summer sandals from Country Road, they are comfy and loving the little bit of gold chain up the front.

I was given a voucher for my birthday back in August for Country Road and couldn't find any clothes that I loved.  As I love shoes and they sell them this was the perfect item to buy from there.

You try making a caftan, it's very simple. 

2 comments:

  1. Love your dress and the sandals. Beautiful. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the dress, might just try it myself like you say & the sandals are gorgeous X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...