Tuesday 27 November 2012

cheesey bacon twists...

As a Mother you get sick of cooking very quickly and often feel uninspired to create amazing meals, as by the end of the day you are wearing thin.
For me I like to be organised and know what I'm cooking in advance then I don't feel frazzled and rushing around like a headless chook at dinner time with a whinging toddler nipping at my ankles.
Yes, there are definitely days where I am not organised and those days the meals are less than desirable at times.

Anyway today I was in the mood for cooking and felt I'd try something new. With the fact that Summah is at Daycare on Thursdays I went about making something she could take for lunch, and we could add to dinner as a side.

Here are my cheesey bacon twists...

Ingredients:
1/3 cup  diced bacon slightly cooked
1 cup grated mozzarella or normal cheese
handful of fresh oregano finely chopped
salt and pepper to season

simple ingredients and you can make up your own variations 

I cheat and make my bread dough in the bread maker,
once it is finished remove your dough and roll out into a long sausage on a lightly floured surface.
Then divide dough into 8 equal portions.

then roll each dough ball out till it is roughly 12x12cm square
then place your fillings on a diagonal on each square.
Also place the dough on baking paper on your tray this makes it easier to remove once cooked
and if you spray cooking spray on the tray then place the bread to cook on this it burns!!
before placing in oven to bake fold opposite corners together, pinch tightly
 and I brushed mine with some milk to give them a nice golden look.
Bake at 220C fan bake for 15-20mins
Mine only took 15mins to cook that was ample time.
                               

the finished product...delicious flavoured bread twists!!

they passed the toddler test too!!
Summah loved them so heres hoping she'll eat it tomorrow for Daycare lunch.

Also you can make these if you don't have a bread maker just use your favourite bread dough recipe and bake away.

For me I love my bread maker purely for making dough, i don't think it is economical to make actual loaves of toast bread with my bread maker they never turn out amazing but the dough does so I make myself specialty loaves instead.
Hope you are inspired to make something new for your kids lunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...