Tuesday 22 January 2013

a simple grey singlet...

As I said I'm on a roll with sewing so must keep at it whilst I'm inspired.

Today I've made a simple grey singlet, what I love about it:

1. the colour! goes with anything
2. the white lacey back to it
3. the fit...it's designed just for me!!
4. my new double needle for stitching around the hem of such tops...it looks bought.

first I lay out the singlet/tank top that I wanted to use as a pattern
and cut around it.

Sew the shoulder seams, and side seams then cut your biase for around neck and arm holes and sew them on, hem it up and you are done.


the result! a cute little top for Summer to be worn with your favourite shorts

back view...white knit lace, just for something different.


and taking self-timer photo's of oneself is never easy when  toddler wants to be apart of the action,
here is the mini model

Now to design the next item.

Have a great day x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...